Because all of us have been making a point of watching out for anything suspicious in our neighborhood and have been calling 911 if we observe anything out of the ordinary, the PPD says CRIME HAS GONE DOWN in our neighborhood..YAY..we can all give ourselves a big pat on the back!! But please..don’t let your guard down..the crooks aren’t going away…we need to continue to make our neighborhood a VERY UNDESIRABLE place for them to conduct their “business”!
1. USE YOUR BURGLAR ALARM if you have one.
2. If you have outdoor surveillance cameras make sure they are working, the PPD encourages all homeowners with outside cameras to register them with the PPD as they can help them solve crimes committed in the nearby area.
3. Keep your doors, windows and fences locked.
4. Keep your garage door closed.
5. Park your vehicles in the garage if possible.
6. Keep your vehicles locked if they are not in the garage.
7. DON’T OPEN YOUR DOOR TO STRANGERS! If someone knocks, approach the door WITHOUT OPENING IT and say loudly “I’ll get it” or “Who is it” to let the person at the door know that someone is home (burglars prefer to burglarize an unoccupied home which is why you always want to let the person at your door know that someone is home). BUT DON’T OPEN YOUR DOOR TO STRANGERS!
8. Keep outside lights on at night.
9. Keep your valuables in your home and vehicles out of clear view day and night.
10. Close your blinds at night.
11. If you see ANYONE or ANYTHING suspicious…DO NOT HESITATE…CALL 911!!
If you have any questions please contact me at email@example.com.
Let’s continue to keep our neighborhood safe by watching out for anything suspicious and each other!
Wishing all of you a Happy and Safe Fall!
Robert A. Miller