As you might have heard or read there have been burglaries in Plano and surrounding cities as well as in our neighborhood. This is a good time to reactivate the Neighborhood Crime Watch. If there is neighborhood interest in doing so, I will contact the Plano Police Department to schedule a meeting in January to explain what is needed. Please email me at email@example.com. if you are interested. We will need neighborhood volunteers from all different parts of our neighborhood.
At this time there are some actions you can take to be safe. The Plano Police Department recommends that you:
- Lock your doors and windows
- Don’t leave the garage door open
- If possible, Park your cars in the garage
- Do NOT open your door to strangers
- If you see someone in the neighborhood that appears to be suspicious, call 911.
If you need more information about safety tips, check out our HOA website dnehoa.org under the crime watch tab.
Wishing All of You very Happy and Safe Holidays!
Robert A. Miller